Green smoothies offer us a good way to include healthy, vitamin-packed greens into our diet. Here are some tips to make green smoothies.
A green smoothie diet can provide you a healthy and effective way to lose weight, provided you plan carefully. Green smoothies, pack lots of nutrients, vitamins and healthy fiber inside a glass. Green smoothies get around this problem by combining leafy greens with another group of nutritional powerhouses: fresh or frozen fruits. Using a high powered blender like a Vitamix which could reduce the peel, pulp and seeds into a high energy drink which will improve your diet and eating habits, simplifies the job.
Green smoothies offer us a good way to include healthy, vitamin-packed greens into our diet, so it is a good idea to start your entire day with a green smoothie and follow by using healthy meals or snacks during the day. This diet is a smoothies only diet, and that means you drink nothing but smoothies. This will make green smoothies a great way to add lots and lots of leafy greens to your diet and an especially good choice for families with picky eaters, both kids and adults.
This diet is a smoothies only diet, and that means you drink nothing but smoothies. Blended food diets are incredibly good for you as blended meals are so easily digested. This implies that nutrients are so easily absorbed into your body and energy is directed from digesting food and towards healing the body. This means you should have a massive energy boost during this diet. This smoothie diet is a great detox as it clears the junk out of your body and gives it a great rest. Here are some tips to make green smoothies.
How To Make Green Smoothies
- Add leafy greens- Put 1-2 handfuls of leafy greens into a blender. Start off with a small amount when you initially make green smoothies and make up to more.
- Add fruit- Put 1-2 handfuls or scoops of fresh or frozen fruit into the blender, either whole or chopped up depending on the size of the fruit. Using frozen fruit provides you with a colder, thicker smoothie.
- Add water- Pour cold water in to the blender until it just covers the greens and fruit. For any thicker, colder smoothie use half water and half ice cubes.
- Add other ingredients- Place in other ingredients in small quantities. Adjust water as needed to maintain consistency.
- Blend it up- Blend after which check the consistency, adjust the quantity of water or other ingredients when needed, and re-blend. You’ll have the best luck with a good blender that can really liquefy everything, leaving no large pieces.
- Pour and garnish- Pour saving money smoothie into a tall glass and garnish it with fruit therefore it looks great or go on the go with a reusable mug or mason jar.
Green smoothies can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for 2-3 days before drinking. The ingredients will likely separate so just give the smoothie a quick blend or shake up in a jar with a lid before serving.
Try pouring green smoothies into reusable popsicle containers and freezing them to make healthy frozen treats.
How To Freeze And Make Ahead
This recipe makes one smoothie. Enjoy now, or save for later. To save the smoothie for later, pour each serving into a food-safe resealable plastic bag or container and freeze. Then, 45 to 60 minutes before needing the smoothie, take out from freezer. Or, store in the refrigerator.